- what ever your tastes you can enjoy some wonderful meals!
I was impressed with the range and quality of Samoa restaurants and eating places now available ! Having had just one good Chinese restaurant, and a couple of hotel restaurants when we lived there, the wonderful selection now available was a real surprise.Many have very lovely decor, and open out to stunning sea and beach vistas.
This review list of Samoa Restaurants is based on my personal experience.
- Cappucino Vineyards – I am always amused at the name of this coffee house in the centre of Apia. It definitely seems to be the best place for a good coffee in Apia.The smoothies were rather tasteless, but the lime juice was very good....and refreshing! There is now a second competitor across the alleyway, but we did not find their coffee very good, although the food looked worth a try.
- Giordano’s Italian Restaurant– Opposite Hotel Insel Ferman’s this is a true Italian restaurant with probably one of the best pizzas I have ever tasted! We ate here several times and were never disappointed .Lamb meatballs, tropical fruit salad which is light and very tasty with toasted coconut chunks complimenting the fruit are excellent.If you have room do try the mango and strawberry crumble.................it was divine!
It is worth going just to look at the decor and sample the ambiance. Outside eating in a semi covered area, with wonderful old looking paintings, done by a visiting artist who offered her services, I understand. This is a family restaurant and the staff are very friendly.A Samoa restaurant you must not miss!
- Sails Restaurant – A wonderful modern Samoa restaurant sitting on the edge of Apia Harbour, this is another great eating place, with excellent food.
- Paddles – I highy recommend the oka – Samoan marinated fish. It was the best I have had in a long time! This restaurant is just along from Aggie's and overlooks the harbour. It is a good place for lunch, and easy to get to.
- Roko’s Restaurant – This is in an old historic house on the Cross Island Rd. It is considered one of the best restaurants in Apia. I enjoyed lobster, and all the meals were declared excellent by the others we had shared a meal with.
- Apia Yacht Club – this is a place the locals go to eat regularly. The food was excellent and very well priced. The mahimahi fish of the day dish I had, was to be recommended !Sitting outside, right over the water looking back to the lights of the town, it was a great meal.Topped off with a very nice fresh fruit crumble.
- Le Manumea Restaurant - the breakfasts were very good with a choice of eggs, fresh fruit, cereal and coffee.We had a lunch - fish and salad, but it was very average.
- St Vincent de Paul Restaurant – across from Le Manumea in Cross Island Rd, This is not your usual Samoa restaurant.It is a simple restaurant set up to fund raise for St Vincent de Paul and ultimately the children of Samoa. With tables and chairs set out around the lawn, and live music with guitars accompanying the singers, it was full of ambiance. Very accommodating, you could order from a range of meals, drinks both hot and cold, and it was clearly very popular.
Samoa Restaurants to try in Savaii Vaisala Hotel – Savai’i – This restaurant is a good stop for a meal as you tour the island. While basic, the meal was well cooked and very nice. The service was friendly .Le Logoto Resort Restaurant – This was not a cheap place to eat, but they had a good selection of very nice meals.The oka was very good, as was the fish.Breakfasts are very nice, and come with the room.Stephenson's Restaurant - We did not eat here, but the menu was comprehensive and looked good. While not very cheap, it was better priced than the resorts.Vacations Beach Fales Restaurant - We had a lunch here that was basic but perfectly adequate.
CLICK THESE LINKS to find further Information on SAMOA
Travel to Samoa
Sightseeing in Samoa
Hotels in Samoa
Aggie Greys Hotel
Samoa Restaurants - to Fascinating Travel Destinations - Home
Sign up for the RSS feed so you are updated when new pages are published.
Featured Travel Gadget
SHARE YOUR TRAVEL TIPS
we love to read them!
Your Own Travel Website?
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW!
FIND CHEAP ACCOMMODATION