Hotels in Vietnam
Recommended as Good Value!
I can highly recommend all the hotels in Vietnam that we stayed in.With a huge range of accommodation to choose from cheap hotels in Vietnam does not mean you are missing out on the nice touches.
En suite bathrooms and attractive decor were features of all the three star hotels we stayed in.
Most of our hotels had wonderful staff.They were always very friendly and helpful, including booking tours for us, arranging and phoning taxis, going out and buying a sim card for the mobile phone we had, and generally making our stay a very pleasant experience.
Breakfast was always included in the price and they all had good internet.
In Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh we were offered cars to meet us at the airport.These are the best priced taxi service you will likely get and I recommend you accept.
Ho Chi Minh - A Bed and Breakfast
- HO VAN HUE BED & BREAKFAST-Ho Chi Minh - We were asked if we wanted to stay in an annex of A Van Giao hotel. In fact it was an annex as they call extra accommodation off site.It was quoted as an upgrade, which it was not. However, while it was not the height of luxury by any means, it was quiet, and perfectly adequate. We had not booked an expensive hotel.This was $11 Euros each.
Breakfast was fresh fruit and coffee.It was near the airport, as we were only staying overnight. A Bed and Breakfast which while not up to the standard of the accommodation we had elsewhere..was acceptable.
Xavier the owner, had excellent English. He kindly took us to a local restaurant, having arrived late.
Hanoi - The Staff Were So Friendly
- GOLDEN SUN HOTEL - HANOI – 23 Hang Ha St, Hoan Kiem District – I can highly recommend this hotel. The staff are just lovely, and so helpful. The rooms are small, but very nice, with ensuite bathrooms.There are two family rooms that are more spacious.
It is very central, being literally a hop, step and jump to the lake and the main area of the Old Quarter.You can't see the entrance in the picture, because the motorbikes are parked there ....hotels in Vietnam often don't have much street appeal.........so there is a surprise inside!
Breakfast served upstairs overlooking the Lake, was delicious. A selection of banana pancake(crepe), eggs- scrambled, or omelettes, yoghurt, fruit, coffee, tea, delicious fresh French bread, Pho – noodles and more.
It was a great place to chat to others, and get suggestions for places go and things to see. We pre booked 3 nights, and then booked several more intermittently, as we returned from different trips, as the family live in a very small apartment. They had recommended we stay here as they did, and we were very glad we did.
Hue- Very Central
- ORCHID HOTEL - HUE – in the heart of the restaurant area, and not too far from all we wanted to do including the Citadel and taking a Dragon boat down the river.
This was another excellent location and a very pleasant stay.We were up graded and had our own computer in our room. Fruit and cakes were left in the room which was a nice touch.
The breakfast was excellent with fresh fruit, cereals and breads, cooked breakfast on order, and a wide selection of nems, meats, and other savoury treats. Highly Recommended
The desk staff were friendly and very helpful.....arranging the dragon boat for our trip down the river, and our taxi back to Danang airport.
Hoi An - Best Value Hotel
- SOUTHERN HOTEL & VILLAS - HOI AN – A little out from the town – we voted this the best value of our hotels in Vietnam .With 34 rooms and villas this was real luxury for a three star hotel with a wonderful swimming pool, a restaurant with a buffet breakfast, and though rather quiet for other meals they were available.They had a regular mini bus to the town centre.China Beach is nearby and it is 15 minutes to An Bang beach. Highly Recommended
Use Search Box for More Vietnam Hotels
Ho Ba-be Long House
- Here, we stayed in a Long House(Stilt house) Simple affairs, this is rustic accommodation compared to our other hotels in Vietnam. A simple but very comfortable bed with a huge mosquito net, some rooms had only curtains.
Meals were home cooked and delicious. Large verandahs were great places to relax with a cold drink or a coffee. The facilities were shared, but adequate. Again,the owner and his wife were delightful, and very helpful.
Halong Bay - Chinese Junk
- Like most travellers on holiday in Vietnam...we took a three day two night tour, staying on a Chinese Junk the first night, and in a hotel on Cat Ba Island the second night.
Chinese Junk This is certainly a lovely experience, with all meals included. We were transferred to a smaller, newer junk for our night accommodation.
The bedroom was small, but the decor lovely. We had a door opening onto the back deck, which we shared with the room next door. The en suite bathroom was again compact but had everything we needed, with a good shower.
- HOLIDAY VIEW HOTEL - Cat Ba Island- We arrived at 5.300pm .... dusk.The hotel was huge,and rather sterile and devoid of character a government associated venture, unlike most of our hotels in Vietnam.
We had good dinner and breakfast meals included. But had to leave by 8.00 am the next morning. While the room was excellent, with tea and coffee making facilities and nice views, unless you have more time to look around the island, which is actually another UNESCO heritage park,with walks, beaches and lovely scenery we are told, there seems little point in going to the island.
I would have preferred an extra night on a junk, or another day in Hanoi.While this hotel was part of a package for a 3 day Halong Bay Tour - we had a choice of hotel and opted for this as a good three star choice.
More Vietnam Information
Travel to Vietnam
Northern Vietnam - Lake Ba-be
Return to Fascinating Travel Destinations - Home